This is a conversation with Rayhan Asat and Yonah Diamond, authors of a piece for Foreign Policy entitled “The World’s Most Technologically Sophisticated Genocide Is Happening in Xinjiang.”
In addition to both being lawyers, Rayhan is also the sister of Ekpar Asat who was forcibly disappeared by the Chinese Communist Party in 2016, and she’s the president of the American Turkic International Lawyers Association. As for Yonah Diamond, he’s legal counsel at the Raoul Wallenberg Centre for Human Rights, named after the Swedish diplomat who saved tens of thousands of Jews in Nazi-occupied Hungary.
- Sister Fights to Free Uighur Businessman Held in China After U.S. Trip
- ‘Absolutely No Mercy’: Leaked Files Expose How China Organized Mass Detentions of Muslims
- ‘Man returns to his native Xinjiang and disappears’ — a story too common for the headlines
- #MetooUyghur campaign asks Chinese government to prove that Xinjiang detainees are still alive
- Voices from Xinjiang: Untold Stories from China’s Gulag State
- Revealed: new evidence of China’s mission to raze the mosques of Xinjiang
- Transnational Carceral Capitalism in Xinjiang and Beyond
- How Should the World Respond to Intensifying Repression in Xinjiang?
- China Secretly Built A Vast New Infrastructure To Imprison Muslims
The photo is taken from the Buzzfeed investigation.
Patreon is for monthly, PayPal is for one-offs and BuyMeACoffee has both options.
If you cannot donate you can still help by reviewing this podcast on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
If it is not available wherever you get your podcasts, please drop me a message!
Music by Tarabeat.