What constitutes queer literature?; Muhammad Abdelnabi; Ocean Vuong; James Baldwin; The Personal is Political; Pedro Lemebel; Israeli pinkwashing; criticizing the so-called ‘gay international’ by Joseph Massad; how ‘anti-imperialism’ and ‘post-colonialism’ is used by authoritarian groups and regimes including Hezbollah and Assad; Queerness in revolutionary settings (in the Arab-majority world); Revolutionary feminism; LGBTQ liberation and the Syrian revolution; being sensitive to authoritarian logic; queerness as a changing and developing identity; understanding social constructs;
- In the spider’s room: a novel by Muhammad Abdelnabi
- On earth we’re briefly gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
- Go tell it on the mountain by James Baldwin
- Manifesto (I speak for my difference) by Pedro Lemebel
- Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi
- Cleanness by Garth Greenwell
- The appointment by Katharina Volckmer
Patreon is for monthly, PayPal is for one-offs and BuyMeACoffee has both options.
If you can’t donate anything, you can still support this project by sharing with your friends and leaving a review wherever you get your podcasts!
Music by Tarabeat.