This is a conversation with Phoebe Wagner, co-editor of the 2017 book Sunvault: Stories of Solarpunk and Eco-Speculation alongside Bronte Christopher Wieland.
- What is Solarpunk?
- What is wrong with modern storytelling about the future?
- Playing with words (example of Permablitzing)
- Patriarchal tropes (‘men with guns’) and moving beyond them
- Is knowledge power?
- Working on the language we use
- Is there a crisis of the imagination?
- Going from fiction to non-fiction and action
- What’s punk about solarpunk
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- Parable of the Talent by Octavia Butler
- Moon of the Crusted Snow: A Novel by Waubgeshig Rice
- Robin Wall Kimmerer on the Language of Animacy
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Emergent Strategy by adrienne maree brown
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Cover Art by Likhain for the Sunvault book
Patreon is for monthly, PayPal is for one-offs and BuyMeACoffee has both options.
If you can’t donate anything, you can still support this project by sharing with your friends and leaving a review wherever you get your podcasts!
Music by Tarabeat.