This is a conversation with Paz Peña, a Chile-based independent consultant and activist, who recently published a paper entitled “Bigger, more, better, faster: The ecological paradox of digital economies” for Global Information Society Watch (GISWatch). This is episode 90 of The Fire These Times podcast.
The research by Paz Peña is part of a report launched by the Association for Progressive Communications. You can find the full report here.
- Digital economies and environmental sustainability
- The ecological paradox of dematerialisation
- ‘Smart cities’ and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- The problem with techno-solutionism
- Tech in the framework of degrowth and postgrowth
- Artificial Intelligence is a feminist issue
- Tech isn’t neutral
- Posthuman Knowledge by Rosi Braidotti
- Cómo pensar juntos by Isabelle Strengers
- After Geoengineering: Climate Tragedy, Repair, and Restoration by Holly Jean Buck
I mentioned my article for Shado Mag on the Emotional Case for Postgrowth
Patreon is for monthly, PayPal is for one-offs and BuyMeACoffee has both options.
If you can’t donate anything, you can still support this project by sharing with your friends and leaving a review wherever you get your podcasts!
Music by Tarabeat.